It’s official. I have an insatiable craving….I am making these cookies before my lovely little sis comes to town this week. I am excited to spend some q.t. with my favorite girl in the world; watching our favorite movies, eating our favorite foods. Ready for cookies and Abbie!! I got this Oatmeal Cookie recipe from Allrecipes.com, which I have found is a very reliable source in the past. The recipes are simple, and never too fancy…just my style.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe yields two dozen cookies. Enjoy!