I am no fashionista. I love clothes, shoes, and the like, but trend-setting-risk-taking fashionista I am not. However, due to an article I read this afternoon, I have decided to identify my fashion necessities–the items that I cannot live without.
- Nude pumps. They go with anything and everything. Can be dressed down with jeans, or jazzed up with a bright dress.
- A Denim Jacket. Fashion forward? I think not. But definitely a great option with shorts, a sundress, and a date night to the movies.
- A bright sundress. Or twenty. My mom loved dressing Abbie and I up as little girls…and I have never quite gotten over the fun, flirty ruffles, bows and bright colors that can be found in a summer dress.
- Skinny jeans. A must have for winter months when boots are the only option for trudging through the now. And a brilliant solution to pair with a flowy, summery dress.
- Boots, boots and more boots. Winter is only survivable, in my opinion, by the ability to wear boots and coats.
- Which brings me to…a winter coat! Which, as Brian can attest, I may wear well in to the Spring. In Texas. I have issues.
- An oversized purse. I am a girl on the go, and as I need to pack my bag each morning for my often twelve-hour long day…it takes some planning, and a whole lot of room (for snacks!).
- High Heels, Wedges, & Flats. I was never a shoe person until recently…and now I absolutely love making a statement with my footwear!
- Sunglasses. Practical and pretty. I can hardly go outside in the bright Texas sun without a pair of these.
- A statement watch. Though I use my phone to tell time, this is the perfect accessory to every outfit.
To sum up my style, I would say I like bright, bold colors and cuts (bows, frill, hemlines, etc.); I am not a trend-setter, but not necessarily a trend follower all the time either; I love heels, I love being bare foot; I love pretty dresses and Brian’s old t-shirts. I am a mish-mash, and that is how I like it!